Minute Musing No.1: This Place Was Never Meant For Me
From what I could tell, I thought the wind was beckoning. I thought I was being told that it was my time to forge a new path, to discover places that others had forgotten about. But as I moved across a bed of sickening orange needles and ignored the rain that was slowly yet surely soaking my hair, something shifted. The once excited and encouraging wind had returned, cold and sinister. A miscommunication had occurred. In my goal of being someone new and exciting and completely unlike me, I had made a grave mistranslation. I was upon ground that the trees had been pleading me to leave alone. I was making null and void the sanctity of a place that was never meant for me. Like those before me, my pale and stumbling feet had once again led me to a place where I was not meant to be. The wind hurling fists at my back, I slipped and stumbled upon the path I had nearly lost in the forest floor’s migraine-inducing hues. I returned to what I already knew, not sure if I would ever find that sacred place again.
Comments
Post a Comment